It is never too early to engage young children in the Jewish value of visiting the sick.
Here are a few tools from jkidphilly that will help your family do the mitzvah of Bikur Cholim!
Everything you wanted to know about bikur cholim — and more!
- Did you know there is a Philly-area agency that organizes volunteers to do hospital visitations, care for the sick, and more? Learn more here!
- Learn about how to explain bikur cholim to your jkids.
- More ideas for teaching about bikur cholim.
- Read these tips for bringing your jkids to visit a sick loved one.
Crafts and games to learn about bikur cholim
- Print out and color these Bear Hug postcards and Tea Cup postcards to send to loved ones in need of care.
- Make a Boo Boo Bunny to help with ice packs, teething, and more!
- Make a get well soon package for sick loved ones.
Videos for all ages
- Learn about how bikur cholim is the best medicine from BimBam.
- Watch this parents’ guide to prepare teaching about bikur cholim.
There’s nothing like a PJ Library book!
Check out this list of books about bikur cholim!