Great news — the jkidphilly Get Together Grant was so successful that it’s been renewed for another year! Because of our jkidphilly Get Together grants, over 330 people have gotten together in small Get Togethers across the Greater Philadelphia area last year! Whether you attended one, hosted one or considered hosting one, now is your chance to apply!
jkidphilly wants to help your family stay connected with friends! Apply today for our Let’s Get Together Grant. You plan the Get Together, invite 1-3 Jewish families with PJ Library and/or PJOW age children (newborn-12 and siblings), and create a Jewish experience. The best part is that thanks to a grant from the Harold Grinspoon Foundation, jkidphilly will pay for it up to $100! (And you can even host more than one get together!) You choose whom to invite, when and where to host, and design this Jewish get together to best suit you and the families that you’re inviting.
You can invite families you already know, families you would like to get to know better, or we can introduce you to families whom you can invite! jkidphilly can guide you through the planning process and help make sure each get together is a success. We will create materials to help all families have the tools that they need to host comfortable family-friendly Jewish gatherings.
Hosts will choose a theme of a Jewish holiday or value when creating the experiences. Some examples of Get Together ideas for the fall may include:
- Shabbat gatherings (e.g. Shabbat dinner — you may choose to do a traditional dinner or even order pizza; Shabbat playdate; picnic; etc.)
- Sukkot celebration (e.g. decorating a sukkah; having a meal together; etc.)
- Hanukkah gathering
- Jewish food experience
- Mitzvah club (e.g. make sandwiches to donate; pick up trash at a local park; deliver boxes of food together and then enjoy lunch; etc.)
- Jewish values (e.g. bikkur cholim, visiting the sick, making cards/gifts, ha’achalat revi’im, feeding the hungry etc.)
- Choose your own Jewish experience!
Get Togethers may be held from the date your application is approved through December 31st. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until the funds are used, so apply today. After your program, jkidphilly will request that you submit a picture of your get together, your receipts for reimbursement, and fill out a short survey. See frequently asked questions (FAQs) for more information.
Coordinator, jkidphilly Get Together Grants
jkidphilly, Parent Ambassador in the Lower Bucks County Area