Is this your first time looking at this resource page? That’s a shehechiyanu moment!
Help your jkids learn to celebrate the new, exciting, and special things in life with this Jewish prayer.
Everything you wanted to know about Shehechiyanu moments — and more!
- How do you say the Shehechiyanu prayer? Learn here!
- Read more about the basics of the Shehechiyanu prayer.
- What are some reasons to say the Shehechiyanu?
- First Tooth
- First Haircut (upsheren)
- First Steps
- First Vacation
- First Day Of Childcare/School
- First Food
- First Chanukah, Passover and other Jewish holidays
- First Purim Costume
- Need more celebration? Check out these rituals around childhood milestones.
- Anything can become a shehechiyanu moment – like this parent who said shehechiyanu after choosing her child’s first wheelchair.
Videos for all ages
- Find out why people say the Shehechiyanu prayer.
There’s nothing like a PJ Library book!
- Prepare your jkid to celebrate the firsts in their life with I Say Shehechiyanu.