Let’s Get Together Grant FAQs
Click here to get back to the main page!
What is the timeframe for the Get Together?
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis or until the funds are used. Get Togethers may be held from the date of your application approval through June 7. Apply today!
How do I apply to host a Get Together?
What type of Get Together am I able to host?
Hosts will choose a theme of a Jewish holiday or value when creating the Get Together. Some examples of Get Together ideas may include:
- Shabbat gatherings (e.g. Shabbat dinner — you may choose to do a traditional dinner or even order pizza; Shabbat playdate; picnic; etc.)
- Purim party
- Hamantaschen baking
- Lag B’omer picnic or campfire
- Jewish food experience
- Mitzvah club (e.g. make sandwiches to donate; pick up trash at a local park; deliver boxes of food together and then enjoy lunch, etc.)
- Jewish values (e.g. bikkur cholim, visiting the sick, making cards/gifts, ha’achalat revi’im, feeding the hungry, etc.)
- Choose your own Jewish experience
What will the reimbursement cover?
jkidphilly will reimburse you up to $100 for anything that supports your Get Together, such as food, crafts, activities and other materials.
How many families do I have to host?
For the Get Togethers we encourage you to invite 1-3 Jewish families with PJ Library and/or PJOW age children (newborn-12 and siblings).
May I invite my extended family to my Get Together?
The Get Together grant is not intended for extended family events. Although you may also include extended family members when you host, the grant is intended to be a Get Together for you to host peers with PJ Library and/or PJOW age children (newborn-12 and siblings) to create a family friendly Jewish Get Together for you and 1-3 other families.
Does a Get Together include celebrating personal milestone events, Jewish organizational outings/events, events open to the community or combining multiple reimbursements for the same Get Together?
Get Togethers do not include: celebrating personal milestone events (birthdays, anniversaries, family Passover seders, etc.); Jewish organizational outings/events; events open to the community; or combining multiple reimbursements for the same Get Together.
Will I be notified if I am approved?
Yes! You will receive an email stating that you have been approved. This email will include materials to help all families have the tools that they need to host comfortable family-friendly Jewish gatherings, a sign to take a picture with at your Get Together and a link to the exit survey which must be completed to receive your reimbursement.
Do I have to wait for my approval to host my Get Together?
All Get Togethers must be held after the approval from jkidphilly. You cannot apply for a Get Together Grant if your Get Together already happened.
May I apply for more than one Get Together Grant?
Yes, families are eligible to receive up to 3 Get Together Grants.
I live in NJ, am I eligible for the Get Together Grant?
Unfortunately, no. People eligible for this grant live in Pennsylvania in one of the following counties: Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, and Philadelphia County.
After the Event
Where do I go to fill out the exit survey?
What do I need to include in the exit survey?
- At least one picture from your Get Together with the jkidphilly sign that will be emailed to you. Please note: jkidphilly will not post pictures without your permission. Sending the picture shows us that you hosted a Get Together.
- If you are not able to take pictures due to it being a religious day or you do not want your photos to show your guests, you can take pictures of the preparation, the table set up or the activities that you will do during the event. Feel free to be creative!
- Picture of your receipt(s)
- Name and email address of the participants (one per family)
- Answer a few questions about your Get Together
How will I be reimbursed?
When you complete your exit survey, you may choose whether you’d like to be reimbursed through PayPal, Venmo or a check.
How long will it take to be reimbursed?
Reimbursement may take up to 1 month to receive; however, we will do our best to have it to you sooner.