- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of oil
- 4 cups of flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- juice of one orange
Beat the eggs. Using a mixer, add the sugar and beat well. Add the remaining ingredients (oil, flour, baking powder and orange juice) and mix until blended.
Delicious prune, apricot or other fruit pastry fillings can be store-bought.
Making The Hamentashen
- Roll out small amounts of the dough at a time until 1/4 inch thick. Dough will be soft, so use enough flour on the rolling pin and board so it doesn’t stick.
- Using a 2 inch round cookie cutter, cut out circles of dough.
- Place a rounded teaspoon of filling in the center of each circle of dough.
- Fold up three sides of the circle and pinch the ends to make triangles.
- Place Hamantashen on a greased cookie sheet.
- Brush each Hamantashen with beaten egg for a golden finish.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When finished baking, remove Hamantashen from cookie sheet to cool.