FOR FAMILIES RAISING CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Through Whole Community Inclusion, Jewish Learning Venture helps to ensure that families raising children with special needs find the support and accommodations needed for full inclusion in Jewish life. We are here to be a resource for YOU.
- Visit jkidACCESS.org for inclusion resources for parents.
- Join us for jkidphilly’s sensory-friendly programs and parent seminars on adapting Jewish home rituals.
- Learn more about how to receive PJ Library books that best match your child’s developmental level.
- Sign up to receive resources and event updates by email from WCI
- Check out our downloadable resources on inclusion and learn more about how WCI can support your synagogue, school or Jewish organization.
Here are some of our favorite Jewish resources to support your family:
- Social stories, multi-sensory guides, videos and more on jkidACCESS.org
- Social stories and visual prayers from Gateways
- Voices of parents, educators and people with disabilities at The New Normal: Blogging Disability
- Gabby’s ELI Talk about Jewish community supporting families raising kids with disabilities
Meet Gabby, WCI Director
Whole Community Inclusion Director Gabrielle Kaplan-Mayer is available by phone or email to talk about finding Jewish educational, camp and synagogue programs for your child and family. Click here to read her bio.
Gabby is an experienced Jewish educator—and a mom of a child with multiple disabilities and welcomes the opportunity to connect with other parents raising Jewish kids with special needs.
We look forward to connecting with you soon!